When humidity strikes, music provides one of the best ways to combat the summer heat. It takes you somewhere else, even if in reality, you’re floating over black pavement that soaks in the brutal sun. So, in the spirit of another hot summer, back and better than ever, check out the 13 songs that have been motivating me through my early morning runs. Needless to say, it’s been a good season.
1. Never Sleep Alone – Kaskade
2. High – Peking Duk ft. Nicole Millar (Yahtzel Remix)
3. Years – Alesso ft. Matthew Koma
4. Punga – Klingande
5. Headlights – Robin Shultz
6. Lean On – Major Lazer ft. DJ Snake
7. Wicked Games – Parra for Cuva ft. Anna Naklab
8. Help me Lose My Mind – Disclosure ft. London Grammar
9. Grab Her – Disclosure
10. You and Me – Disclosure ft. Eliza Doolittle (Flume Remix)
11. Stole the Show – Kygo
12. Push – A-Track ft. Andrew Wyatt
13. FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney
Your turn: What’s blasting through your headphones these days?