I absolutely love fall for a number of reasons.
Turning said apples into a crisp.
Crisp weekend mornings with the window cracked.
Baking cookies to pass the time on Rosh Hashanah.
Balling out on the end of soft shell crab season. Homemade style, of course.
And running. Lots and lots and lots of exquisite fall running.
While the afternoon temperatures haven’t been quite autumn-like (at least, not yet), the mornings have been nearly perfect — just cool enough as you step out of the door, but not enough to require leggings or a hood.
If you’re looking for inspiration for marathon training or, if you’re more like me, for a leisurely five-mile run around the neighborhood, check out these 15 songs. They’ll seriously rock your socks.
1. Dressed in Black by Sia
2. Elastic Heart by Sia
3. Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj
4. Ranconte-Moi Une Histoire by M83
5. Sir Duke by Stevie Wonder
6. The Alphabeat by David Guetta
7. Why Ask Why by Kaskade
8. Money on my Mind by Sam Smith
9. Eye of the Needle, Sia
10. I Sold My Bed, But Not My Stereo by Capital Cities
11. Next to Me by Emeli Sandé
12. Lovers on the Sun by David Guetta and Sam Martin
13. Something Something, Kaskade
…And for the cool down, because I just can’t help myself.
14. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John
15. Grey Seal by Elton John
Your turn. I am constantly on the hunt for suggestions. What’s on your running/workout playlist this fall?